November Contest Song Announced

Posted: 11/20/2005 11:39:42 PM
Jason

I've received 2 entries so far from Chris and Bryan. The site was down briefly this weekend though as we did a little network plumbing. So if you've sent your entry but haven't heard back from me, please consider sending it again just in case it didn't make it to our inbox for some reason.
Posted: 11/21/2005 12:05:52 PM
Charlie D

I'm sorry I haven't been able to make a recording Jason - I've been busy practicing piano and theremin for a whole load of concerts I've been asked to perform in. Hah. The fun never stops!
Posted: 11/21/2005 9:36:23 PM
vonbuck

I don't know if i'll be able to send anything., unfortunatly due t finances, or lack off, I had to pawn my computer for the month. This is one of the first times I've been able to log on, good old puplic library
Andy
Posted: 11/22/2005 5:50:19 PM
kkissinger

Jason, I will be sending you an entry though it may not be until late in the weekend. Though demanding, I am enjoying the challenge of performing the "Ave Maria" on the Theremin.
Posted: 11/24/2005 10:07:45 AM
cantelow

Lucky for me, the accompanying Bach piece is the one piece I know well enough to play, yay. I recorded an accompaniment, and I'm working on the song at odd moments with family all over the place visiting this weekend from out of town. Wow, it's a lovely piece. I think it's very tender. But man, it does have some jumps, hehe. I probably never would have thought to work on it except for the oh-so-useful impetus of this contest. Now I'm into it.

Thanks, Jason! BTW, if you ever want to announce a piece early, I think it would be lovely. "December's contest will be x. January's contest will be y." I appreciate that they're hard to come up with, though. Thanks a ton.
Posted: 11/25/2005 4:42:05 PM
Charlie D

The Praeludium in C is a lovely piece. I've just finished Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor though. That's more my sort of piece! Duh-derr-derr!
Posted: 11/25/2005 10:14:19 PM
Jason

Thanks for the suggestion of pre-announcing the contests. I really don't mean to make them last-second surprises :) As you guessed, it is a bit difficult coming up with public domain theremin-worthy music.

For December, we're going to choose a traditional holiday song. For January, I'll go ahead and tell everyone that it's Auld Lang Syne - so start practicing!

I'm really enjoying the entries. I'm working out the details to get a LOT more bandwidth in a month or so, so we'll be able to share ALL the contest entries rather than just the single winning entry.

cheers!
Posted: 11/29/2005 11:09:13 AM
cantelow

Auld Lang Syne, yay, fun.

It's fun to look that song up in google. Turns out there's an older version of the song than the one we all know. I imagine we'll want the familiar one, though!

Here's a fun link to how to play it with bagpipe trills (I'll be trying this- but at home only! lol). http://web.ripnet.com/~nimmos/auld_lang_syne.html

The words are touching.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.