How would it be your perfect theremin like?

Posted: 1/18/2006 6:48:21 PM
Jeff S

The debate on cabinet design has already taken place with the introduction of the deviation of the Etherwave Pro from the traditional sloped-front cabinet.
There will always be two camps on this subject...those who prefer the traditional and those who like innovation.
My stance on this is, as long as we continue to keep Lev's spirit and unique instrument alive, we are paying our respects to the man. I would like to think he would appreciate any beautiful yet functional design that remains true to his original concept. Remember, not all of his original theremins were of the sloped-front variety. His later instrument was a boxy 'U' shape.
One only has to follow the theremin listings on eBay to realize the theremin has already been bastardized about as much as it can be...theremin lunchboxes...mint tins...baby heads!!!
Posted: 1/18/2006 11:52:33 PM
Fluorescent[Mushroom]

My ideal Theremin would have (in order of importance):

1)Playability
2)Good Tone Quality
3)A standard 1/8 inch headphone jack where you can plug in any pair of headphones for a pitch preview
4)Easy to adjust and custom timbre settings, and built in reverb and distortion controllers.
5)Portability.
6)A really cool looking design.
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:32:01 AM
Jason

Along the lines of "world thereminization", I'd like to see some advances in portable theremin design.

For example:

1) built-in speaker
2) efficient battery operation
3) portability / ease of breakdown & setup

Of course, all this without sacrificing quality, tone, stability, etc.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.