Watermark by Enya

Posted: 2/13/2012 6:38:22 PM
Amethyste

I was doing some "cleaning" on my ipod and ran into this song and started to listen to it and suddenly, the visual of me playing the theremin and the aerial fingering came easily to mind. So... I Video recorded it (it's on YT) and it has such a beautiful and haunting quality to it... Beautiful! I realized that I am drawned to melancholic type of songs in general, so this one fits the bill perfectly. :)

You might be too bored with "watermark" if you are in an advanced level... But it is a beautiful song nonetheless :)

Posted: 2/13/2012 11:03:49 PM
mollydad

That was very nice, Amethyste...I see you got your new theremin...I didn't realize that you play lefty.  Your new theremin has a very nice tone but is not decorated nearly as well as your first one.  :-)

Posted: 2/13/2012 11:13:47 PM
Amethyste

Oh thank you Mollydad! yeah, I m a lefty... Makes things a little more annoying when you are "shopping" for a theremin... I love my new theremin very much, the tone is very lulling and beautiful. As for the decoration, I am still thinking about it :)

Red and Silver... Very nice together! ;)

Posted: 2/23/2012 11:52:04 AM
coalport

I just listened to WATERMARK and it is excellent. The new theremin has a very "ondes martenot" sound to it, quite different from the Wavefront I have heard you play before. 

It's a good idea, if possible, to play to tracks that have been specially created for accompaniment, rather than playing along with a finished recording in which the melody is already being covered by another instrument (in this case, the piano). The problem is that if the melody is already there, you do not have the freedom to make it your own. You are locked in, and have to shadow what is already on the recording (which you do admirably in WATERMARK). 

Music is like religion. Everybody's right.

Posted: 2/23/2012 2:07:56 PM
Amethyste

Coalport:

Wowza! ... I am very flattered by your comment on "Watermark". To get an "Excellent" from you, I must have done something right. I have to say, playing the theremin has really helped me with my ear training. Not just on the theremin but also for singing.

I do agree with you about the accompaniment, unfortunately there were none of that song available... So I had to use the "finished" track to play with it.

Thank you for watching and commenting... I appreciate it!

Posted: 10/28/2012 9:35:33 AM
Therenoob

Hi Amethyste,

I liked your playing of "Watermark" a lot, it's really impressing! May I ask how long you already play the Theremin?

Posted: 10/28/2012 1:08:40 PM
Amethyste

Hello Therenoob!

At the time "Watermark" was uploaded, I have been playing for 10 months. And now a little over 1 1/2 years :) Thank you for the nice comment about my playing...:)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.