New (?) Theremin circuits

Posted: 5/14/2012 9:20:33 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

See  Element 14 

**REMOVED**

I have moved all the content from this thread to E-14.. Sorry if you came here from there ;-)

Posted: 5/14/2012 9:34:08 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

MIXED SIGNAL THEREMIN - Heterodyning and Waveshaping:

**REMOVED** I have removed this content for commercial reasons.If you are interested in obtaining this information, please email me - I am happy to help those genuinely interested, but not happy to be ripped off and taken for granted!

I will not be visiting or contributing to TW much in 2013, and am unlikely to be replying to any threads.

Please feel free to contact me by email.

My email address is shown on my avatar.

it is:

fred

at

fundes

dot

co

dot

uk

Posted: 5/14/2012 10:19:19 PM
RS Theremin

Fred, never thought I would enjoy having you back as much as I do!

I know the visit may be momentary, but TW is addicting.

Health is also an issue with me where I wait for the good weeks. The darn thing is there is nothing to take me out right away so I look forward to the years ahead with apprehension. LOL

This is good you and dewster have each other to stimulate the thought process. All those initials you guys use like PAL, DSL, HDTV, DOS and what not baffles me. This is a most interesting thread as you two have been more practical avoiding mind numbing math with puffed up chests and shared with pictures and sound, I love it!

Caution: I also am trigger happy on the delete button. (-;

Fred never sleeps? Still up at two in the morning and get out of bed at 5 am, I know this cause TW post GMT.

I wish you the best!

Posted: 5/14/2012 10:29:49 PM
FredM

**REMOVED**

Posted: 5/14/2012 10:43:23 PM
FredM

**REMOVED**

Posted: 5/14/2012 11:09:23 PM
dewster

"...I have decided to go over my stuff and publish everything I can..."

Bravo!  Don't hide your light under a bushel.  There's no downside to showing the world what you know and can do.  We all stand on the shoulders of giants and depend heavily on the kindness of intellectual strangers.

"This is full documentation (schematics, layout, code etc) for the Skywave pitch-only theremins exhibited / played with at HO2010 (16 at Royal Festival Hall, for 10 days)"

You have a level of dedication I will likely never approach.  Too many components! :-)

Posted: 5/14/2012 11:12:06 PM
FredM

**REMOVED**

Posted: 5/15/2012 2:06:48 AM
FredM

**REMOVED**

Posted: 5/15/2012 3:17:48 AM
RS Theremin

Fred said: it was the annoying re-appearance of the Glasgow theremin which got me thinking about this circuit - lying in bed reading TW posts, I had this urge to design a good simple logic-gate based theremin so that people would stop wasting their time on the Glasgow junk... LOL.

I had seen so many young builders destroy their passion, over the years, for theremin building with the Glasgow designs that I asked Jason to remove the link from the schematic list. Then you know who jumps in and defends it's purpose. I don't understand his motives? He surely does not have the time to trouble shoot everyone's failures nor has he posted any info to the FAQ link next to where it is listed in Schematics.

We use to have at least one new builder a week, now we are lucky for one a month. Times they are a chang'in.

Fred I found FM heterodyning at the beginning of the year. This is two standard transistor Hartley oscillators with a special coil configuration and interaction. The pitch turns out to be perfectly linear with just an 18" alligator clip lead dangling and no collector inline chokes. Used is the closed/open fist popping for measured octave jumps throughout the pitch field. This is Weird  I probably won't explore it further but read my observations at the bottom of page. I had my grandson 15 yo playing a tune in no time with relative ease.

Posted: 5/15/2012 4:12:03 AM
FredM

**REMOVED**

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.