Plate antennae vs. pole and loop

Posted: 9/5/2012 11:44:02 PM
coalport

Oh, c'mon now guys!

My remarks were intended to pick a fight specifically with Gordon - not with Freddy!

Fred already has enough on his plate these days without my adding to the smorgasbord of difficulties.

Posted: 9/6/2012 2:08:07 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"My remarks were intended to pick a fight specifically with Gordon - not with Freddy!" - Peter

Favoritism! ;-(  ..

I didnt want Gordon to have all the fun of beating you up!

But I suppose I am just being selfish again - So I will back off now, and leave Gordon to finish the job..

;-)

One parting shot on a slightly more gravitatious note - When you comment about "non-experimentalists" and I made the snipe about "bore", it struck me that every advance in music must have been through experimentation - and in that context, You (IMO) are a great experimentalist - Your stuff with the Klingon Harp, your use of the TM with theremin, to name but two..

I think that those who stick strictly to the "rules" and never explore or experiment (as in, non-experimentalists) are "bores" - Or at least, I cannot comprehend "being them" without being bored.. I do not see you in this group.

Fred.

"Fred already has enough on his plate these days " - Yeah .. These damn cosmic entities with their bloody incessant bombardment of my brain with incomprehensible metaphysical ideas .. Its becoming a real pain in the butt ;-)

Loop and pole ? How 'bout a loopy bipolar..

[important legal notice - the above (and following) comments are in the spirit of levity which has been referenced by other contributors to this thread - nothing I have said implies, or is intended to imply, that I am either loopy or bipolar, or even monopolar - nor are they meant to be derisory to anyone who is loopy, bipolar or monopolar (or just plain mad like me) ! ]

Posted: 9/6/2012 1:17:27 PM
RS Theremin

Fred said: "Fred already has enough on his plate these days " - Yeah .. These damn cosmic entities with their bloody incessant bombardment of my brain with incomprehensible metaphysical ideas .. Its becoming a real pain in the butt ;-)

Loop and pole ? How 'bout a loopy bipolar..

I have told the group all along in subtle hints that I think this way, a little bit of di-Lithium crystal will make the metaphysical ideas come into reality. I think most would admit my theremin research is more real and tangible than most. It is your feedback that keeps it sane, I totally respect it. How can someone talk about multiple universes and dismiss what I do so lightly. If they were as smart as they think they are they would shop Radio Shack!  LOL

There is a difference between manic thinking and grandiose!

Maybe take your shoes off at the temple entrance?

Christopher

Posted: 9/7/2012 2:13:20 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Chris -

I will reply top the above on the "Life, Universe etc.." thread, as I think this might get quite deep and well off the topic of this thread.

Fred.

Posted: 9/7/2012 4:59:42 PM
MaryW

Speaking of the topic of this thread . . . I just ordered a Moog Etherwave at lunchtime. I really appreciate the advice and subsequent discussion. Thanks!

Posted: 7/31/2016 1:08:37 AM
Art Harrison

If you'd like a demo of the plate theremin, just give me a few days' advance notice, and I'd be happy to meet you at the store. There are some misconceptions about our instruments I'd love to clear up, and I think you'll find them a pleasure to play. No obligation, of course!
sales@harrisoninstruments.com

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.