Documentary film to feature theremin

Posted: 1/12/2013 7:43:46 PM
Thomas Grillo

Hello all. As some of you know, several years back, a local filmmaker started doing a documentary on me, and my work with the theremin. unfortunately, that documentary is so massive, they're still in production to this day, and don't even have a teaser ready just yet, as they've been capturing my work for the last five years.

However, another filmmaker came in to Jackson, and spent four days filming and interviewing me regarding my work with the theremin, albeit from a slightly less detailed, and indepth perspective. Still, they captured quite a lot. This documentary, is sort of a slice in time, if you will, just a glimps into not only my work as a musician, but some aspects of my personal life.

The producer, and director of this one is Danilo Parra. He'd originally intended to submit his work to the 12-12-12: One Day on Earth project, and still may to some extent, but he amount of filming has lead him in a slightly different direction, a full out documentary.

Here is a link to his latest trailer for the production:

http://vimeo.com/57260955

Oh, Danily sends his regards to New York Theremin Society, and enjoyed the Wallstreet Journal's story. :)

P.S. sorry about the double rr in theremin, my keyboard, you know. LOL Can't correct titles yet. ;)

Posted: 1/12/2013 7:59:31 PM
dewster

Very nice trailer Thomas!  I look forward to seeing the full doc!

Posted: 1/12/2013 8:16:06 PM
Thomas Grillo

@dewster Thank you. I'll keep you up to date. As soon as it's released, all update this thread, as well as my site, ect. :)

Posted: 1/12/2013 8:26:43 PM
RS Theremin

That documentary was Gurrrate!

It raises some question though,

The story of you, is your health OK?

That hookah pipe can help as it is all natural, here in California its legal. lol

What did you do to that dog in the bathtub?

Christopher

Posted: 1/12/2013 8:31:08 PM
Thomas Grillo

Hello Christopher. LOL, yeh, she looked pretty downright miserable getting that bath. But she's actually quite well behaved compared to my mother's dog at bath time. :)

In the trailer, I'm seen taking a blood pressure reading. I do have mildly high blood pressure, and diabetes type 1. Have had for a couple of decades now.

Posted: 1/13/2013 1:49:37 AM
SewerPipe

Thomas, not only do you "Rock" --- You are "Good People" as well. I'm glad you were the one that pointed me in the direction of the Theremin. Looking forward to the completed documentary as well.

Be Well & Be Blessed

IHS ---- Dana

Posted: 1/13/2013 1:59:11 AM
Thomas Grillo

@SewerPipe Thanks. I'm glad I could help. :)

I'm just as anxious to see the final cut too. :)

Posted: 1/13/2013 3:30:33 AM
Amethyste

I am certain that it will be very interesting :)

Thomas has been very present in my theremin playing. Without his help, I would'nt be where I am today :)

Posted: 1/13/2013 3:44:39 AM
Thomas Grillo

@ Amethyste  ;)

Posted: 1/31/2013 1:50:14 PM
gtc

Mr Flores sure knows how to use a camera! I look forward to the release of this documentary.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.