Yahoo Goups not working?

Posted: 8/27/2013 7:57:00 AM
gtc

I see that Yahoo has changed the user interface of Yahoo Groups.

Since they did that I can't post on any of the groups that I'm a member of, regardless of having cleared cookies and cache.(Using Firefox 22.0 on Windows XP-SP3).

Also, I can't read any posts; all I get is a rotating circular arrow.

This sucks big time !!!!

Anybody else having similar problems?

Posted: 8/27/2013 12:38:57 PM
coalport

This may explain what you are going through. Yahoo has arbitrarily switch the format of some of its groups to "NEO" and has consequently screwed everything up!!

http://yahoogroupedia.pbworks.com/w/page/68466246/Yahoo%20Groups%20Neo

Posted: 8/27/2013 2:01:13 PM
gtc

Yep, seems that's exactly what has happened to me. They have made me a NEO guinea pig without any input from me.

Now I literally can't use any of my group memberships.

I'm trying to imagine the type of jerk who would devise and authorize such a stupid roll-out strategy.

I have a vision of a pimply-faced teenager in short pants in charge of Yahoo development.

Screw Yahoo!

Posted: 8/27/2013 2:18:50 PM
gtc

More on this from the Wikipedia:

Yahoo! Groups remodel 2013 "neo"

On August 7, 2013, Yahoo! Groups rolled out one more web-interface redesign, unannounced, to randomly chosen users, with no possibility of opt-out, even after complaints to Customer Care. Protests of Yahoo! Groups users (group owners, moderators, members) on the official Feedback Forum about unusability and multiple lost features apparently ignored, more users shanghaied into "neo".

Shanghaied is right!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.