Looking for used Moog Etherwave Standard (Europe)

Posted: 12/28/2013 11:24:56 AM
Gibarian

I'm looking for a used Moog Etherwave Standard in good condition.

Posted: 12/28/2013 12:33:58 PM
Amethyste

Look on Ebay, you might be able to score one :)

Posted: 12/28/2013 3:42:00 PM
Gibarian

Thanks. Unfortunately the European used market is smaller but I'll keep looking.

I just posted here to improve my chances :)

Posted: 12/28/2013 6:06:01 PM
Thierry

Why look for a used one? A new one is already available for less than 400€ on Wilco Boterman's website:

http://ethermagic.eu/Webwinkel-Product-7152194/Etherwave-Standard-ASH-edition.html

Posted: 12/28/2013 6:07:05 PM
Yeapsystar

Thanks. Unfortunately the European used market is smaller but I'll keep looking.

I just posted here to improve my chances :)

... Ask Wilco Botermans or Thierry Frenkel ;-) They might know people who have 2nd hand ones, at least they'll know it faster as I know when someone has a theremin for sale (and both have great connections to thereminists in Germany too) ...

Love,

Marielle :D

Posted: 12/28/2013 6:10:16 PM
Yeapsystar

Why look for a used one? A new one is already available for less than 400€ on Wilco Boterman's website:

http://ethermagic.eu/Webwinkel-Product-7152194/Etherwave-Standard-ASH-edition.html

LOL! I think we've been telepathic!

Yes, Wilco sells theremins also in different price categories and I bought my Moog Etherwave Plus overthere too! Though I'm thinking to buy a 2nd theremin (actually 3rd as I still have my little Jaycar) and I think this one, the LV-3 is also nice! At least it sounds VERY nice too and it costs only E99!

http://www.lostvolts.com/

Love,

Posted: 12/28/2013 9:38:44 PM
Gibarian

Thanks for all your input!

Why look for a used one? A new one is already available for less than 400€ on Wilco Boterman's website

My budget is a bit tight and I like to buy used in general. Thanks though. It's the cheapest price in Europe! If I can't find a good used one within 1-2 months, this is what I'll get.

I think this one, the LV-3 is also nice! At least it sounds VERY nice too and it costs only E99!

It sounds great but Thomas Grillo's review gave the impression that it's non-linear and the small size seems less suitable for a beginner. Maybe my impression is wrong? The bass range sounds amazing of course. Maybe LV could make a bigger one for maybe 150€ some day..

All the best, Gibarian

Posted: 12/29/2013 6:30:30 PM
Yeapsystar

Hi Gibarian ;-)

I once started on a VERY SMALL Jaycar ... I have to say, it IS actually more difficult to learn a smaller theremin as a bigger one ... ESPECIALLY when the pitch antenna is VERY large and the volume plate in this case is QUITE small ... LOL! But sofar I once managed it ... :p

Hmmm ... Not the best theremin video, but DEFINITIVELY the best in showing how a Jaycar looks :p

... Nevertheless I think that an LV-3 is A LOT easier to learn than a Jaycar!

There's also another thing ... Hardly NO theremin is actually FULLY linear! EVEN NOT a Moog! Which  means that if you want to play higher notes or VERY LOW notes, you have to adjust your pitchfield range a bit ... Otherwise it can occur that some tones can come VERY close together! ;-) AGAIN, you got this with a Moog TOO ...

The GREAT advantage above an LV-3 above the small Jaycar are MAINLY 3 things ...

1. It's sound is WAY A LOT better!

2. The loop and antenna are rather proportioned with the LV-3 (more Moog like!), UNLESS the case is smaller1

3. They are available, Jaycar is already bankrupt for about 2, 3 years now ...

Again, you have to consider yourself! I'm just thinking together with you ;-)

Love,

Posted: 1/9/2014 11:49:17 PM
Gibarian

Hi Marielle,

that's impressive for such a small Theremin! Your opinion on the LV-3 sounds reasonable. Still I feel I want to start learning with a full-sized instrument and I like the Etherwave's brassy sound.

So if someone knows of an Etherwave in Europe that is looking for a new home, I'm still interested!

Posted: 1/26/2014 4:48:19 PM
Gibarian

Surely now that everyone is upgrading to the Moog Theremini,

someone can sell me their old Etherwave.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.