SewerPipe I wish you well on your new adventure…

Posted: 2/5/2014 3:18:17 AM
RS Theremin

The first time he showed up at Theremin World I went and visited his WebPages, which I told him, were a bit "in your face" with his religious views. He told me it is suppose to be that way. Little did I know, he would become my best theremin friend. He came along at a time I did not want to continue my theremin research. As Moses had Aaron I was given an encouraging friend in Dana (SewerPipe). My theremin journey has been winding down and I now have a Los Angeles Master Thereminist that is willing to test drive where my journey arrived. Dana heard my better theremin sounds but I wish he could have been here to listen to the heart of a lady sing.

Dana Abbott passed away on Monday, January 27, 2014 and I wish him well on his new adventure.

IHS

Christopher

Posted: 2/5/2014 4:07:09 AM
Jason

I cannot express in words how sad I am to hear this.  He was a true friend of the theremin and a wonderful member of our community.  Thank you for letting us know about his passing.  I hope he is getting to have tea at the eternal table with Lev, Clara, Barbara, David, and other friends we have lost.

Posted: 2/5/2014 5:10:23 AM
Amethyste

omg :( I am just speechless... Dana was such a nice and kind man. So often he sent me emails encouraging me to keep on going at the theremin... I am so saddened by this news...

Posted: 2/5/2014 1:10:34 PM
coalport

Sorry to hear about Dana. His final posts to TW regarding his health and hospitalization were ominous to say the least, so the sad news of his death from cancer is not exactly a surprise. He was only 65 years old!

Here is a little excerpt from one of the on line obituaries which mentions his interest in the theremin:

"Dana Dwaine Abbott, age 65, of Tavares passed away on Monday, January 27, 2014.  He was born October 9, 1948 in Yakima, WA and moved to FL in 1994 from Columbus, NE.  He was a retired tool and die machinist and a member of Altoona Baptist Church.  He loved to build and play Theremins in his spare time......"

Posted: 2/5/2014 5:30:49 PM
GordonC

Condolences can be posted here: http://www.steversonhamlinhilbish.com/obituaries/Dana-Abbott/

I submitted a few words - they have not appeared on the site yet - I guess postings are checked for content before approval.

(Update - approval came within an hour.)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.