Atónal Blús

Posted: 11/19/2014 5:23:04 PM
John Bradley

Yes Iceland was great again Jesper, 3rd Airwaves visit and 6th time overall. Still not seen a whale or the northern lights.

Thanks for the information especially the tips on how you control the pitch when playing loud. I have already ordered the OT as i already had an Arduino. But I might well have considered the LV-3 had I known about it, it sounds great value and looks pretty good too.

If I do get the bug and show at least a little talent I think I would go for the Moog Etherwave, I did briefly look at the Theremini.... But somehow it seems wrong, and looking at the posts on the forum it looks to be a very divisive piece of kit.

John

Posted: 11/19/2014 9:00:31 PM
Jesper Pedersen

I hope you'll catch the Northern lights next time you visit ;) They are spectacular! You've have been bitten by the Iceland bug? I'm originally from Denmark and used to go to Iceland approx. once a year for a number of years. I finally decided to move here. It turned out wonderfully :) 

Good luck with the Open.Theremin. The designer Urs Gaudenz is super helpful if you need any pointers getting it up and running properly.

I've got the Theremini also. I think it's a cool reinterpretation of the theremin, but in my mind its a completely different kind of animal than a classic analog theremin. It is also much harder to play than the OT and EW if you want to play it like a traditional theremin without pitch correction. But if you want fat Moog sounds and gestural control at a reasonable price point the Theremini is it.

Cheers,

Jesper

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.