BUY HIGH QUALITY FAKE RCA THEREMINS, THEREMIN CELLOS, RHYTHMICONS, RADIO WATCHMEN, INVISIBLE ORCHESTRAS, THEREMIN ORGANS, BURANS, THE THINGS, APPARATUI FOR MEASURING THE DENSITY AND DIELECTRIC CONSTANT OF GASES

Posted: 6/27/2014 10:26:51 PM
mikebuffington

(file under: Humor/Humour)

Keywords

------------

Leon Theremin

Lev Termen

Teletouch

Theremin Studio

You are at the right place to get all the theremin stuff you need. If you're KGB, experimental musician, composer, or scientist.

email m.boyd.zinman@teletouch.com

Posted: 6/27/2014 11:45:26 PM
Touchless

Mike you are very funny and I may stop by some day, I am in Tucson with one foot on Boot Hill. (-'

Posted: 6/28/2014 2:36:08 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

LOL ! You got me, Mike..

I never even read the thread heading - Just saw "BUY HIGH QUALITY FAKE.."  But then noticed your name (I have been checking names of spammers against other forum spammers) and thought perhaps things had got worse, and they had actually hacked TW and got access to member log-ins..

Glad to see its really you!

;-)

Fred.

Oh, BTW.. Do you really have any of the fake stuff you are advertising?

Posted: 6/28/2014 3:06:26 AM
mikebuffington

@Fred: There was a risk of having the post deleted if someone didn't see the full title. I took it to chance at least one or two laughs. I found myself chuckling at the idea of a zombie Boyd Zinman trying to hawk what remained of Theremin Studios/Teletouch, so I had to post.

I actually have a high quality fake RCA and a cello. Sadly, though they're not for sale. The cello is a left-handed replica made by Floyd Engels.

Here's a heartbreaking story. The son of Boyd Zinman remembers his mother hauling theremins from their home to the dump in later years. Those were probably mostly lev-built instruments. Man, to have a time machine...

@Touchless: I was in Tucson from ~2000–2008, and for part of that time had my RCA and RCA replica with me. Arizona is only temporary, and I'm heading off to NYC very soon.

Posted: 6/28/2014 6:55:35 AM
Thierry

Mike, that was risky! While doing my all-morning spam cleanup round, using a function which deletes the user profile and all related posts once forever, it could have been that I accidentally "nuked" your profile and all your posts, too.

But since the internet is slow here in Italy where I stay during the weekend, I fortunately had the time to read the full thread title :-)

Posted: 6/28/2014 4:03:41 PM
gtc

I don't know why this particular phony document a-hole keeps hitting this site, but then if you Google that same title it's found on many sites. Presumably these are the ones that are the easiest to use spambots on.

Posted: 6/28/2014 10:39:28 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"I actually have a high quality fake RCA " - Mike

Really interested in this! - Presumably its quite modern? .. Just wondering why anyone would have "faked" an RCA - it would make sense now, due to the historic value, but would it have made any sense even 30 years ago?

"The son of Boyd Zinman remembers his mother hauling theremins from their home to the dump in later years."

- So there was a time when theremins were so unpopular / unwanted that you couldn't even give them away ? - This really surprises me - it was (presumably)  before the days when products were designed to fail just after their warranty expired - before the idea of "disposable" electronic products set in... Hell, I remember even in 1965, there was a market for old dysfunctional electronic equipment - transistors were just starting to be common but still cost the same or more than tubes, and old tube kit could be traded (I mis-spent my youth buying and selling old tube radios, radiograms, communication receivers,  and buying tube test equipment) .. I would have bought a theremin without even knowing what it was! (I bought loads of tube stuff I never managed to "identify" - LOL ;-)

Fred.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.