What type of coils L1-L4, L7-L8, L9-L10 is used in Etherwave?

Posted: 8/6/2014 4:10:45 AM
AlexBel

Greetings to all!

What type of coils L1-L4, L7-L8, L9-L10 is used in Etherwave? Theremin already assembled, it remains only to find these coils.
Did anyone know an online store where you could buy these coils with shipping to Russia?

Regards, Alex.

Posted: 8/6/2014 8:55:12 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Hello AlexBel,

See http://www.thereminworld.com/search?q=inductor+ew and use the search engine here with words like ew etherwave ews inductor variable coil (and the like) - this topic has been discussed many times, and if in doubt, Thierrys posts are the most reliable on this matter.

Sorry - I now see that this is your 2nd post... the section I 'greyed' is therefore less relevant.

It does take a few days sometimes to get expert answers here - and people perhaps get tired af answering questions whose answers have been repeated many times and can be found by anyone willing to spend the time reading search results.

Some fatigue has understandably occurred here on TW I think - only a few people carry the technical support role, and the same darn questions are raised again and again, month after month, year after year - but its not a simple matter of just re-posting a stock answer, because theremins just aint like that.. All the answers are there for those willing to spend THEIR time looking at past posts and gaining the required understanding... But lots of folks seem to think its ok for us to spend OUR time doing the work for them, and some dont even have the decency to say thanks!

I think the attitude now (certainly my attitude) is that anyone embarking on building a theremin should at least be willing to do the required research and find basic answers for themselves by using TWs search engine.. Cant be bothered to help those unwilling to make at least this effort.

Oh, BTW..

Might be a good idea in future to fill up some of that empty space with some comments like "Hi, im building an EW from the design...."

To me, that comes across a little more friendly than a question in the thread title and nothing in the massage ;-) .. It also helps those who can be bothered to 'tune' their replies to your question, and give us some idea about your level of knowledge etc.

Welcome to TW!

Fred.

Posted: 8/7/2014 9:13:57 AM
AlexBel

Hello, Fred.

Thank you for your response. I understand that my question is not determined for the first time, but the answer could not find. Theremin almost assembled generators work, the sound is. The only problem with the coils L1-L4, L7-L8, L9-L10. Search through the information could not find. So I wrote this message to find out the type of coils L1-L4, L7-L8, L9-L10.

Regards, Alex.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I use the auto translator.

Posted: 8/7/2014 3:05:49 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Hi Alex,

Neat board!

Ok, im not an expert on this - If you are using the schematic in http://www.suonoelettronico.com/downloads/HotRodEtherwav.pdf then L1-L4 L7-10 are either Bourns 6300 series parts http://www.thereminworld.com/search/default?q=bourns+6300 <- Link to supplier etc will be locatable in one of these.. Sorry, I know its difficult when English isnt your native language, but I dont have time to do the search.

Farnell

Data sheet 6300 series

Newer EWs only have 3 (total 30mH) fitted on the pitch side. I believe Farnell, RS Components,Mouser and Newark and Digikey all distribute these parts, but I have no idea who supplies to Russia. I have enough of these components to build a few EW's, and if you had REAL difficulty finding a supplier, send me an email and I will try to send them to you.. But its not something I really want to do right now.

Fred.

Posted: 8/7/2014 5:11:18 PM
AlexBel

Hello, Fred!

Thank you very much for the information, it is quite enough! I will search for and order the coil.

Regards, Alex.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.