MOOG THEREMINI USERS

Posted: 2/16/2015 2:15:35 PM
Gary Honis

Hi Dani,

The waveform field should be blank for all presets after you send the "Space Scapes.theremini" file to the Theremini using the editor.  Maybe you forgot to click the "sync" button and that's why you are seeing "etherwave"?

I didn't keep track of the waveforms I used for each preset.  I was using Midi-Ox to switch through the 12 waveforms and the Moog editor for changing the other parameters.

I asked Moog during beta testing if they would consider publishing a Midi Implementation Chart.  They said they had no plans to do that. I was told that Sysex implementation of a preset dump would be difficult to do because of how Moog does encoding.  Analyzing the theremini files I couldn't figure out where the waveform is listed.

Good luck on your midi-controller.

Gary

Posted: 2/16/2015 4:15:38 PM
xtheremin8

gary, yes, on the mac editor, it's blank, but not on the ipad. i work mostly with the ipad.

touchOsc controller works so far quite good. (great app/editor.) i'm still trying to figure out these LSB functions for some controllers. as mentioned in the manual. but i don't get what i expected: like for the delay, cc12 goes along with cc44 , cc14 along with cc46. these two LSB have a recognisable effect, but some others don't. it's quite difficult to figure that LSB out, without a full midi chart. so it's mostly time consuming try/error. :-(

Posted: 2/16/2015 4:35:00 PM
GordonC

Gary - how do I download your presets onto my iPad? I had no trouble with Thomas's - I was given an "open with theremini" option that worked fine, but when I tap on your link it just displays the file as text. :-(

(Some good sounds, btw, Thomas. Thank you.)

Also, do we know if the easter egg wave tables are guaranteed to be unchanged from how they are now when Moog makes them official rather than hidden?

Posted: 2/16/2015 5:22:53 PM
Thomas Grillo

@GordonC: You're welcome, and happy belated birthday to you, sir. :)

Posted: 2/16/2015 5:46:38 PM
Gary Honis

Hi Gordon,

Sorry about the problem downloading the presets on your iPad.  I just uploaded the Space Scapes library file on dropbox.com.  I was able to test that it downloads correctly on my wife's iPad.  She already had the dropbox app installed.  I tried uploading it on the app.box.com service as Thomas did, but was unable to sign up for an account.  Here's the link.  Hope it works for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mwim510s8m06n4q/Space%20Scapes.theremini?dl=0

Gary 

Posted: 2/16/2015 6:01:37 PM
GordonC

Thomas, thank you. :-)

Gary - it worked! From Safari I could save it to my Dropbox, and from the Dropbox app I could open it in the theremini app. Hopefully I'll get chance to try your presets out tomorrow. 

Posted: 2/16/2015 6:19:27 PM
xtheremin8

new firmware 1.1.1 is available. 

Posted: 2/16/2015 8:38:10 PM
CraftyWitch

Can I install the new firmware using my iPad? If so how do I do it? Thank you. 

Christina

Posted: 2/17/2015 12:56:59 AM
xtheremin8

christina, no. :-(  you'll need a computer. win or mac. download the zip file from moog and it's all in there, files, software and the necessary how-to informations. 

Posted: 2/17/2015 1:13:50 AM
Thomas Grillo

@xtheremin8: Thanks for the heads up on 1.1.1 FW update. :)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.