Best Hardware Synth to play with Theremin

Posted: 4/13/2016 3:58:03 PM
Tomdog54

Thanks, xtheremin8!  Yes, I saw that video after discovering the hackabrute site. That, in turn, led me here to TW where all of you nice theremaniacs have given me thoughtful ideas and advice!  This is as close to modular as I believe I'm going to get. The original goal was to upgrade and pair my theremin with a synth to control.  I'm working on a new recording and would like to use this rig on one of the songs. The chopped micro can be easily removed, and will travel with the EW+ to live gigs. I'll post a picture when I get the compact travel rig together.  This has been an enjoyable quest.  Thanks for the input!

Posted: 4/14/2016 4:09:36 PM
dewster

Tomdog54, this is an interesting project!  I think you'll end up with something which is more playable and more versatile than the Theresyn or Theremini.  I wish MIDI were a better fit here.

Also, thanks for mentioning the Airturn GoStand!  First I've heard of it, will probably get one myself.

Posted: 4/18/2016 11:52:11 PM
Tomdog54

"Tomdog54, this is an interesting project!  I think you'll end up with something which is more playable and more versatile than the Theresyn or Theremini.  I wish MIDI were a better fit here. Also, thanks for mentioning the Airturn GoStand!  First I've heard of it, will probably get one myself."

Dewster, I think you'll find the GoStand is pretty slick yet sturdy for how extra portable it is!  I used it with the EW+ a couple of weeks ago, and it gigged well.  My final quest is for just the right hardware to attach the chopped micro to the stand underneath the EW+.  I'll post any favorable creative outcomes after some experimentation.  Thanks for the assist!

Posted: 8/14/2017 9:48:05 AM
coco

Here's an example of E-Pro theremin controlling a Buchla Music Easel. For technical informations, activate the video's subtitles ;-) 

I am now working with modular eurorack synth, and it is a lot of fun to connect various things with the theremin !

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.