LinnStrument - interesting MIDI controller, 3d touch

Posted: 2/9/2016 8:50:32 PM
tinkeringdude

By legend Roger Linn, here demoing a modelled viola. If it weren't for the price (1700 EUR @ thomann), I'd already have one :-D
It's not quite "without touch", but quite expressive!

Posted: 2/9/2016 10:40:18 PM
dewster

Interesting.  It looks like he set the LEDs to correspond to the key he's playing in?  From this camera angle it looks like you can see under the playing surface and see the switchy things underneath?  I imagine Stevie Wonder wouldn't be able to play it as it seems like a very eye/hand coordination type of instrument.

Posted: 2/12/2016 6:32:02 PM
mpampouras

some latest info on MPE from Namm 2016

MPE and the future of multidimensional instruments

Posted: 2/13/2016 1:14:47 AM
xtheremin8

those ruberized x,y,z-axis boards look great and surely are technically very advanced and incredible complicated on the inside. i would  love to see a instrument like the haken but softer, much much softer, so one could really dig it's hands into it, to sculpt the sound.

fantasize about, what if the musical industry, on which we depend on, mostly, could do with something like this: project soli

yes, a rather long video about that tiny radar chip developement. one would not even need to touch the instrument for tuning!

whatever, the challenging simplicity of the theremin still mesmerizes me.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.