moog etherwave custom housing

Posted: 11/30/2017 8:45:30 AM
photonios

hello all

I am planning to get a moog etherwave plus theremin ready, and at some point take it 

from its standard housing and have a carpenter construct an RCA-ish housing and put its board in there.

How difficult is this? Do you need to be careful about the wood you use? Will a different housing

affect the playability of the theremin? Any other things to consider?

Thank you!

Posted: 11/30/2017 1:03:03 PM
dewster

Hi photonios,

You can probably compensate for just about any wooden housing by retuning the Etherwave.  I recommend you mount it and have holes so you can get to the tuning slugs easily.  Removing a wooden cover to get at the tuning slugs throws off the tuning (a major problem with the Etherwave in its normal case).  A plastic cover probably wouldn't give you this trouble.

I've heard some people say you should be wary of certain paints that can be conductive.  You could paint a test strip and test it with a DMM I suppose.

Posted: 12/1/2017 11:34:44 AM
xtheremin8

photonios,

i thought i saw something like that some time ago and :

tadaa: this serie of pictures in the photo-album might give you some ideas.: custom etherwave

i have no further infos on that build, sorry, but i guess that is what you want?

Posted: 12/2/2017 11:20:11 AM
photonios

dewster, xtheremin8 thanks for the feedback

Yes I want something like this in the pics without the speaker though

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.