Lev Sergeyevich Termen Has Two Birthdays

Posted: 8/26/2018 10:56:32 PM
oldtemecula

I like to think of August 15 is the true Lev Sergeyevich analog birthday which seems all but forgotten now, it reminds me of when the theremin sound was beautiful, created from a very simple principle called heterodyning.

Then there is August 27, I call the digital birthday, let's fake it, make it cheap, then who really cares why it was once called a classical instrument of Masters as now it is accepted as sounding like a toy.

Theremin interest peaked around 1999 and a lot of wonderful people have been part of the journey, my estimate around 1000 explorers at its peak, many of which have become challenged by old age now but it was a good go around for all of us. We all had a good time in between the healthy fights or strong opinions. Maybe that was just our youthful energy.

My theremin journey at  www.hwy79.com  has concluded, I always said Clara’s voice was a gift to me for a reason only I will ever know.

What I learned over the years, Eastern Europe & Russia we as friends are more alike wanting the same things than I had ever known before.

Christopher
Hwy79.com

Posted: 8/30/2018 1:21:03 AM
senior_falcon

I like to think of August 15 is the true Lev Sergeyevich analog birthday which seems all but forgotten now, it reminds me of when the theremin sound was beautiful, created from a very simple principle called heterodyning.Then there is August 27, I call the digital birthday, let's fake it, make it cheap, then who really cares why it was once called a classical instrument of Masters as now it is accepted as sounding like a toy.Theremin interest peaked around 1999 and a lot of wonderful people have been part of the journey, my estimate around 1000 explorers at its peak, many of which have become challenged by old age now but it was a good go around for all of us. We all had a good time in between the healthy fights or strong opinions. Maybe that was just our youthful energy.My theremin journey at  www.hwy79.com  has concluded, I always said Clara’s voice was a gift to me for a reason only I will ever know.What I learned over the years, Eastern Europe & Russia we as friends are more alike wanting the same things than I had ever known before.Christopher

I hope that isn't true. I've enjoyed your posts immensely and hope you will still be active on this forum.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.