Hi. New and looking at a lostvolts v3

Posted: 12/30/2018 2:56:02 PM
JMLNoise

Hi, 

I'm new to the world of Theremins, been interested for a few years and now want to pursue this interesting instrument. 

I know, from a bit of research, that you should go for the best you can afford and usually a Moog Etherwave or plus. 

I am looking to start a bit cheaper to make sure that I want to commit to investing in a Moog down the line.

So, Lostvolts V3 (I am UK based). Any experience? Are they still trading?

Cheers

James 

Posted: 12/30/2018 4:54:33 PM
Thierry

You always get what you pay for. The LV3 can not replace an Etherwave. It’s a nice toy to produce weird sounds, but nothing for someone who intends to play in a true musical and expressive way.

Why this meanness when it comes to buy music instruments? A halfway playable piano costs from £2000, a violin at least £1500 and a flute £800 if you don’t want Chinese crap, why then would £500 for an Etherwave be too much?

Posted: 1/2/2019 9:27:32 AM
JPascal

Hi James,
here please find a test review of an experienced theremin player from UK. 
http://www.thereminworld.com/Forums/T/28971/new-uk-designed-built-theremin-with-volume-loop-pitch-rod-etc?Page=3

Posted: 1/10/2019 2:31:18 AM
bisem

I bought a Lostvolts theremin when it first came available and sent it back.  I wanted it for busking and the portability factor but long story short it wasn't very playable compared to the Etherwave.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.