Eyck's method book confusion

Posted: 7/2/2019 5:42:36 PM
rupertchappelle

Aerial Fingering is based on the fact that Clara Rockmore started out on the violin. It is a tradition.

The antenna only cares about mass and proximity, not finger positions.

It is easier to control your body through angles, simple math for your brain to calculate, as in walking , running, picking things up or throwing things.

I hold  my hand in a neutral semi closed position, totally relaxed, all motion for pitch is done by flexing the elbow joint. I have only one articulation to worry about, how many do you have to worry about?

fingers, five of them, wrist, elbow, and shoulder - also you are standing, I sit. You have to do a lot of work to get that note, right? Remember those finger positions!!!

Maybe you really want a violin?

Carolina Eyck is an excellent player and fine musician, if you invest a lot of time and energy using those methods you may approach that lofty realm of the working precision thereminist.

Just do not expect America's Got Talent to give you shot, a fellow named Charles fixed that.

Now here is the real problem, that pole antenna for pitch has a very narrow sensing range - holding pitch is like walking a tightrope. Deviate by a half inch and its way off. My theremin uses plate antenna, very forgiving, like walking down a sidewalk.

Now, could I interest you in lessons for the Kazoo . . .  first inhale, place the kazoo in one's mouth, hum, inhale again and hum again ,repeat until finished.

You can send me a check in the mail.

Posted: 7/11/2019 9:02:57 AM
VirginiaGriffin

Keep it up!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.