A Rare Coincidence, or Something Fishy on eBay?

Posted: 10/1/2020 9:07:37 AM
pitts8rh

While doing my usual survey of theremins for sale on eBay this morning (10/1/2020) I came across a rare sight:  there are currently two Etherwave Pros and three vintage Moog Maestros for sale all at the same time from different sellers. The Pros are as usual priced out of this world.

I don't want to post the links but if you search by the specific name you should see them, although for some reason using just searching for "theremin" does not always find them.

I usually do this type of search several times a week, and this seems like a pretty rare event.  I'll be curious to see if these listings stay up or end with sales.

Posted: 10/3/2020 11:55:42 AM
bisem

That is a bit strange.  I feel so lucky to have found an EW pro for $2700 about 8 years ago.   After that the prices went ape s**t.  
There is also an interesting post (Theremin, RCA style cabinet) for $4495.00.  I wonder if anyone knows anything about the seller/builder.

Posted: 10/3/2020 2:50:30 PM
pitts8rh

"There is also an interesting post (Theremin, RCA style cabinet) for $4495.00.  I wonder if anyone knows anything about the seller/builder." - bisem

That seems to be a perpetual listing for RCA look-alikes using Keppinger theremin electronics built into custom mahogany cabinets.  A link to the builder/seller is in the listing or one of the images. 

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.