piano style note display

Posted: 12/19/2020 9:16:33 PM
ancient engineer

I decided to build a theremin after many years of wanting one.  I am an EE with 50 years behind me.  I chose the Etherwave.  I decided to design my own PCB, since that is one of my skills.  My design 2 boards, one with the oscillators and audio processing, and one with the pots and power supply.
After informing some friends of my intention, to see if maybe someone wanted to join in, a friend of mine brought out one that a friend of his had built from kits some years ago.  My friend built the case.  After the guy died, his family gave it to my friend.
It is very nicely constructed, battery power with 2 12 volt SLA batteries.  The volume antenna is the flat brass part in the left hand case half.
What intrigued me is the piano keyboard looking thing that has an led in each key.  Apparently, it displays the note that is being played.
Has anyone seen this?

I have a photo but can't figure out how to post it.  Help?

Posted: 12/20/2020 1:28:28 AM
pitts8rh

"I have a photo but can't figure out how to post it.  Help?" - ancient engineer

There may be easier ways to do it, but this works:

1) If you already have the photo stored someplace online just copy the photo's URL from your browser, select the "insert an image" icon from above (third from right), and paste the copied URL into the window that opened up.  If it's a large image set the width at something like 1200 to keep the size down.  When you finish that step the image should appear in your post.

2) If the image is on your computer only then you have to upload it somewhere, and the easiest thing to do is to create a photo album right here on Theremin World.  Go to Media>Photo Albums and click on "Add Album".  Click on "+Choose Photo" and find the photo on your computer and upload it. Once it's uploaded select the image if it's a thumbnail, then right click on it and choose "view image".  This will take you to a page that has only the image.  Now you are at the point where you can copy the URL and add the image to your post as in step 1) above.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.