Mechanical/wind/auto watches and theremin-

Posted: 7/24/2021 5:02:20 PM
AlatheaSquared

I recently have started playing theremin- majored in music (voice) for 4 yrs in the 90s, and sang barbershop for several years, and in the last 2 have begun dabbling in synth vsts. I came across theremin again researching something for Moog and the light tripped on that I had known about them for many years but never actually tried one. I currently have a theremini set for theremin mode with no pitch correction for technique practice, though I do dial up the pitch correction when I'm messing around looking for a 'sound' to add to something or another that I'm working on in my DAW.

Okay, to the meat- I wear a lot of mechanical watches. Mostly auto winders, but I have a few that are manual wind. Am I in any danger of damaging/magnitizing my watches while playing?

Thanks, all! 

Posted: 7/24/2021 5:03:44 PM
AlatheaSquared

Also, Id love to add to my profile, but I can't. Ive agreed to the rules/terms for the forums, but most of the fields are blocked out in my profile. How long does that usually take to resolve? 

CAS

Posted: 7/24/2021 5:18:07 PM
dewster

"Okay, to the meat- I wear a lot of mechanical watches. Mostly auto winders, but I have a few that are manual wind. Am I in any danger of damaging/magnitizing my watches while playing?" - AltheaSquared

No danger at all, it's just an AC capacitive field with almost no magnetic component.  If anything it is an ever so slightly demagnetizing field, but again, nothing to worry about.  And the Theremini fields are particularly weak (very low voltage).

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.