Calibrating Moog Theremini

Posted: 11/6/2022 11:16:20 AM
bluecoffee

I have a Theremini and have been watching Carolina Eyck's youtube lessons.

She is not using a Theremini and describes using the Pitch adjustment on her theremin to adjust the range that the instrument can play until it is correct and familiar. (See this video).

Is there an equivalent way of doing that on the Theremini?

As far as I can understand, you have to recalibrate the Theremini each time you move it, and this is done by setting a maximum and minimum position for your hands, but there's no manual adjustment that can be tweaked whilst playing. See page 9 of the pdf manual.

I basically want to know that if I go from position 1 to position 8, I will be playing an octave, and if I'm not, I want to tweak the range.

Please only reply to this if you've used a Theremini, not from a theoretical point of view.  Many thanks.

Posted: 11/6/2022 12:39:36 PM
DreadVox

When set to "Theremin Mode= on" (advanced settings) you can adjust the pitch and volume fields with the dials like with a 'real' theremin and switch octaves/registers as with the Etherwave Pro and Claravox in Modern Mode.  I remember the Theremin Mode being a little buggy though, with the Master Volume setting sometimes unpredictably changing or going silent.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.