"Luna Park" theremin included :)

Posted: 10/12/2012 11:47:55 AM
coalport

The Hindemith Disaster!

That's when yer theremin blows up in the middle of a concert.

Posted: 10/12/2012 1:11:17 PM
Jesper Pedersen

I think Hindemith wrote some very interesting and sometimes pretty crazy music :) I'm not sure whether he ever wrote for the theremin but I know he used the trautonium in a number of pieces. This early electronic musical instrument was championed by Oskar Sala (a student of Hindemith): http://youtu.be/lxUNdboFhGA and his work along side the work of Stockhausen has been cited as a great source of inspiration for early German electronic music scene and groups such as Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream.

Posted: 5/22/2013 10:53:57 AM
All Souls Night

I had a roommate who was very into Stockhausen's music and Alban Berg, Arnold Schoenberg and the Devils of Loudun. When she would play these pieces the cats would flatten their ears and run out of the room. When she would play the Mozart Clarinet Concerto they would come into her room and purr and cuddle with her.

Everyone's a critic.

I love New Age and Ambiant music, Kitaro, Andreas Wollenweider, Vangellis, Tangerine Dream, Enya, Celtic, Faerie, Clanaad, all of it. It depends on mah mood.

Anethyste, I love that you you are at one with the theremin and your singing and you cannot tell where one stops and the other starts. Sheer beauty.

Posted: 5/23/2013 12:05:34 AM
coalport

I believe the very first Moog Ethervox theremin out of the factory went to "Kitaro" (aka Masanori Takahashi). I presume it's serial number 001.

Mine came a few weeks later - 007!

Posted: 5/23/2013 9:59:18 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"Mine came a few weeks later - 007!" - Coalport

Lol ;-) .. Someone else here was "bragging" about having a "007" serial numbered theremin recently - I have a faulty 0666 serial numbered synth somewhere in my loft.. I think its a Farfisa Sin-Thorchestra..  ;-)

Fred.

Posted: 5/25/2013 11:21:29 AM
coalport

"Bragging"?

It's just a fact.

In order to qualify as "bragging" I would have to have added that I can play it better than James Bond......sans connerie.

Posted: 5/25/2013 6:30:50 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Peter,

I did enclose the word "bragging" in quotes specifically because I know this is not what you were doing.. And, for that matter, not what the other owner of a 007 was doing, or what I was doing mentioning my 0666..

There must be a word better suited to obscure facts about objects which give these objects a special "value" to their owner, but which, in purely "rational" terms are of absolutely no significance whatsoever.. These "facts" may increase the percieved value to the owner only (for example, the serial number being their birth date), or to a wider number of people (for example perhaps 007, due to its celeb status) or to enough people that it actually increases the saleable value (if signed by Lev or Bob for example).

Alas, I dont know such a word - And "bragging" is certainly the wrong one. Sorry!

Fred. 

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.