Claravox Centennial Theremin - Post Your Thoughts Here

Posted: 1/9/2021 3:17:15 PM
dewster

"This would allow for an open source GUI. It could be based on ctrlr."  - Gibarian

Oh that looks really nice!  Makes me wish I hadn't gotten rid of my JV-1010 (for lack of an editor).

Posted: 1/18/2021 4:19:12 PM
ephemere

B&H now lists the ETA as Jun 21, 2021.

Posted: 1/18/2021 6:45:53 PM
ContraDude

I just looked and their site now lists availability as “Summer 2021.” 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1601679-REG/moog_the_clara_01_claravox_centennial_theremin.html

Posted: 1/18/2021 7:13:06 PM
pitts8rh

I would suspect or hope that those that have pre-ordered will have their orders fulfilled in order prior to these summer dates.  If B&H is projecting June I would think that would be for orders placed now.  Unless Moog is going to hold until just before that date and then have enough stock to fulfill everything at once.

So nothing informative here other than a little ray of sunshine. Or gloom.  All bases covered. .

Posted: 1/18/2021 8:51:01 PM
Gibarian

For what it's worth, two European retailers (Thomann & Music Store) still list 6-8 weeks as the expected delivery date.

Posted: 1/18/2021 10:12:04 PM
bendra

Not really a surprise at this point, not clear what it means for people who have already ordered. If anyone from Moog is watching this thread (and I know you are), they should probably give some clarification in this regard.

And if Moog is really going to make people who ordered in October wait until the summer,  I think they do owe them something in way of apology, not sure what would be appropriate. Free gig bag maybe?

Posted: 1/20/2021 6:29:49 AM
Italian_thereminist

Hello!

No news also from Italy... holding the entire amount of money for nearly three months is crazy!

Posted: 1/24/2021 4:36:45 PM
DiggyDog

B&H now lists the ETA as Jun 21, 2021.Not really a surprise at this point, not clear what it means for people who have already ordered. If anyone from Moog is watching this thread (and I know you are), they should probably give some clarification in this regard.And if Moog is really going to make people who ordered in October wait until the summer,  I think they do owe them something in way of apology, not sure what would be appropriate. Free gig bag maybe?

A free gig bag or case of some sort would really help.  I ordered two of these things right when they came out and I haven't heard anything from Moog yet.

Posted: 1/27/2021 9:41:21 PM
ContraDude

I’ve tried to contact Moog again this week to get clarification on when the Claravox might be shipped and other than the following response, can’t get them to be more specific.

“Sorry for the lack of response. Unfortunately, I don't have any ETA information or any insight on when particular dealers are receiving their shipments. I can tell you that we are building them and that typically our Sales team gives each dealer network weekly updates on ETAs.” 

From everything I can tell, my dealer hasn’t heard anything. It also seems that is true for other dealers. I did see a notice on a UK dealer’s site (Anderton's) that the “Next Delivery Due: 3 Months or Longer.”

Posted: 1/28/2021 2:44:37 PM
ContraDude

I just heard from Moog - it looks like it’ll be at least one or two more months before we will know anything. They were very noncommittal and stated (in part):

“At this time, this is the most up to date information we have. We are hoping to have more updates for our dealers and customers within the next month to two months. I understand your anticipation for this instrument, but at this time I can only ask that you be patient with us. Thank you again for your support, and be sure to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime.“

The rest of the letter contained two previous generic announcements; the most recent stated:

“Thank you for reaching out to us! “We want to thank you for your patience and support. Due to unforeseen supply chain delays, we are now in the process of reforecasting ETA’s and expect production to begin in early 2021. In the near future, as we begin to ship orders, your dealer should have updated delivery schedules. We have provided a message to our partners so they could pass it on to our customers awaiting the Claravox Centennial. I wanted to ensure you have this message and content so you will be as updated as possible.”

This is very frustrating, especially when having already paid for it in full.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.