No, it’s not a recipe from the Moog Cookbook. A few years ago, Peter Pringle recorded an album of 23 classic Christmas tunes called A Theremin Christmas Pudding. Unfortunately, the album is no longer in print, and Peter is no longer selling it from his website.
With the holidays fast approaching, we’ve had a few requests from folks looking for copies of ATCP in the past few weeks. I’m happy to announce that Peter has generously agreed to make the album free to download!
Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, this is a wonderful collection of classic hymns and instrumentals that’s sure to inspire your own theremin playing.
You can download the album or play it online via our SoundCloud page. A huge thanks to Peter for sharing this with the theremin community!
Here’s a full list of the tracks:
- We Three Kings
- Away in a Manger
- It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
- O Little Town of Bethlehem
- Ave Maria (Bach/Gounod)
- Coventry Carol
- O Holy Night
- The First Noel
- Huron Carol
- Il Est Ne / D’Ou Viens-Tu Bergere
- Ave Maria (Schubert)
- Silent Night
- Adeste Fidelis
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- Low How The Rose E’er Blooming
- He Shall Feed His Flock (from Handel’s Messiah)
- Carol of the Birds
- Hark, the Herald Angels Sing
- Ave Maria (Caccini)
- The Holly and the Ivy
- Mary’s Cradle Song (Reger)
- What Child Is This
- While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks By Night